Personalized Information Links are essentially our approach to row level security. Most importantly, they're simple to implement and manage. Check out how to create them.
I am trying to do a nested set of look up tables and follow this example. In one lookup table, I would like to assign a User Group to a School. In another lookup table, I would like to assign a teacher to a User Group. This way, it avoids having multiple entries for each of my usernames when narrowing the row level security if a teacher belongs to multiple schools.
In the video, what do I use for the expression to replace %=(Current_User)?
Perhaps poorly named - that is User Group in the Spotfire sense of the word, but rather just that the name of the column that joins the two lookup tables. The idea was to have a list of usernames each assigned to a group and a group each assigned to an entity. That way, if a user belonged to multiple entities, I didn't need to take up multiple lines for them in the one lookup table. That would be signified by the group they were assigned to.
I'm experimenting with two joins - one for group to group and the other from entity to entity. I'm just not sure where to put filter to current user statement.
I don't know what I am doing differently now compared to last Friday. Last week, when I added a filter statement for the current user to the data element of the personalized information link, it was failing to load the file. I went to add back in the statement to see what kind of errors it might be producing in the logs, and now the file loads with the filter statement. However, it loads empty. So, it must be something with my joins that is not producing a result.
Another weird thing - last week, when I added the information links into my Spotfire Pro, they were the full data table, that is, is unfiltered for the user. Now, when I add the data table from the information link, it is already filtered in the Spotfire Pro version to my username. Earlier, I had to look at the analysis via the webplayer to see if my row level filtering was working. This is even happening with the lookup tables, which I haven't changed since Friday.